Art is known as an important medium of children's interaction with the surrounding world. Thus, by creating art, a child is able to cultivate pivotal of skills for uninhibited self-expression and communication that benefit their development. It is a fundamental component of what makes us uniquely human. Pupils should engage in experimenting, inventing and creating their own works of art as to develop their artistic techniques, including their control and their use of materials, with creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art and craft. As pupils progress, they should be able to think critically and develop more rigorous understanding of art. It is vital for pupils to understand how art plays an important role in both reflecting and shaping our history, culture, creativity and nation's economy.
Pupils are expected to know, apply and understand the matters, skills and processes specified in the relevant study of art. Time International School aims to ensure that all pupils:
- produce a creative art work, explore and record their art experiences.
- use a range of materials creatively to design and make products.
- develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space.
- acquire the right techniques to become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art and craft.
- use the language of art in evaluating and analysing creative art works.
- understand and appreciate the historical and cultural development of great artists, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.
- understand the history of art by knowing periods, styles and major movements of artists from ancient times up to the present day.